It's that time of the year again: Banned Books Week! This is the time of the year were we celebrate those books that were audacious enough to exist! Abby and I will be posting videos and blogs all week dealing with the banned and/or challenged books that have been important to us over the years. We'll also post some links to our friends' blogs/vlogs that are also celebrating Banned Books this week.
Here's a link to The American Library Association's page about Banned Books Week. Check out their lists to see the (often surprising) books that have been banned.
The most important way to participate is to exercise and protect your right to read!
Please let us know if you would like to participate with us!
Nice job you two! I learned that Lord of The Rings also made it to a Banned Books list, so that may be a favorite on these lists, along with A Wrinkle in Time and To Kill a Mockingbird.
Ben, I read on this list: http://www.ala.org/bbooks/frequentlychallengedbooks/classics/reasons that The Lord of the Rings was burned in a community for being "satanic." That's a whole community of people that completely missed the fact that LOTR is an expression of Tolkien's really quite extreme faith.
Nice job you two! I learned that Lord of The Rings also made it to a Banned Books list, so that may be a favorite on these lists, along with A Wrinkle in Time and To Kill a Mockingbird.
ReplyDeleteBen, I read on this list: http://www.ala.org/bbooks/frequentlychallengedbooks/classics/reasons that The Lord of the Rings was burned in a community for being "satanic." That's a whole community of people that completely missed the fact that LOTR is an expression of Tolkien's really quite extreme faith.
DeleteLove the blog, love the vlog, love you two! You are well on your way to becoming an internet sensation!
ReplyDelete